Cool fact, reported by the Associated Press. Less money for more people = more people doing yoga. Is there something greater at work here? Cash-strapped Americans still seek athletic value By EDDIE PELLS (AP) – March 29, 2010 In a sign that the economy is still struggling, a survey shows Americans keep looking for value…
They’re targeting online college students, but these tips can be used by anyone spending any time at a desk. I offered five. They ran two. Ah well. You can read the rest of them below, and get more insight from me, and other yogis in the full article. 1. Ankles and Feet Alternate between pressing…
Ugly Betty’s Amercia Ferrera says that doing the voice of Astrid in Dreamworks’ new flick. ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ was like doing yoga. Says the star: “I just had fun with it. I always came back from the sessions feeling so relaxed, like I had done yoga or something.” Go to the official site….
Here’s some of the tips, from my latest post on My Yoga Online’s blog. Read the full article here. This Saturday, March 27, My Yoga Online is celebrating Earth Hour. At 8:30 pm local time, hundreds of millions of people all over the world will be turning out the lights for 60 minutes. Earth Hour…
Love this song. Here it is, recently released by local Vancouver yogi Will Blunderfield.
At any moment you have a choice that either leads you closer to your spirit, or further away from it. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh RELATED Thich Nhat Hanh: madness and mindfulness [video]
Holy Cow I’ve been re-reading Sarah MacDonald’s Holy Cow, and considering her Buddhist studies, especially the idea that we should all sit down and think about death. Our own death. The death of loved ones. So I had it in my head at the beginning of this week that I might start thinking a bit…
http://flash.sonypictures.com/video/universalplayer/sharedPlayer.swf RELATED elizabeth gilbert on nurturing creativity [video]
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. ~ Anais Nin
There’s something to be said for confusion. Also: fear, anxiety, uncertainty, insecurities, narrow-mindedness, and just scraping by. And something to be said to them: Thank you. Before today, before this life that I’m living now, I was chalk full of all of the above. (I still have episodes of all them; they just don’t take…
Insight + Inspiration
Images to stoke your imagination.
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.
- Danielle LaPorte Whitehot Truth maven, entrepreneurial fire-starter, the jump-starter of Libre Retreats founder Lindsey Lewis’ faith in a life well-loved.
- Jonathan Fields Personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Mark Silver When you want to make a difference, but need to make a profit. Experiential training on communications, conflict management, coaching, facilitation and team building.
- Satya Colombo Self-Realization blog and community dedicated to freedom, passion , and changing the world.
- Seth Godin Seth Godin’s riffs on marketing, respect, and the ways ideas spread.