GETTING PISSED OFFI was in a yoga class with yoga therapist Susan Van Zag the other day. She started our class–a tailored ascent into dancer’s pose–with a story, or rather, “a thing” as she smilingly called it. She talked about how she’d had been upset by something a friend of hers had done, how she’d…
Everyone–no matter how creative–needs a little stimulation sometimes. A little inspiration. Thankfully, a little inspiration goes a long way. Take 5 minutes to check out one of these uber spark-inducing blogs compiled for you by us here at Libre Retreats, and dive into your creative self. She (or he) is waiting. 1. Idea Sandbox The…
Back when I first started doing mindfulness-based corporate stress buster workshops for maxed out 9 to 5ers, I thought I’d come up with something truly unique and revolutionary. It’s always nice when the universe conspires to keep your ego in check. Though what I taught was fresh and new for the people who attended, I’ve learned…
10 Ways to Help Japan, via My Yoga OnlineTHREE FAVES: Save the Children is currently organizing efforts. Donations to its Children’s Emergency Fund will support outreach in Japan. GlobalGiving.org has launched the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund. Monies gathered via this fund will be given to a host of relief organizations helping victims around…
5 yoga tips for lovers. singletons included, and chocolate-lovers, too. inspiration from David Deida [vid]
Have you read any of the works by David Deida? Immersed in the world of Hatha yoga, Tai Chi Chuan and meditation, plus research in medicine and consciousness since he was a teen (yup, he was admitted to the Florida Scholars Program for “gifted and unusual students” at the University of Florida before he’d even…
i’m loving: sensual reading, ramped-up comfort food, loving the unlikeable, and, well, Oprah actually
Here are just a few of my favourite things right now–sharing with Libre Living readers because they might become faves of yours, too, if they’re not already. 1. The Gift: Poems by HafizWhen I read these poems I get flashbacks of devouring them like cake last summer, lying on my back beneath a startling blue…
Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. ~Pamela Vaul Starr
WHAT THE SAINT SAID“Come here,” she said, ”Sit down.” He knelt beside her and she leaned close. “No amount of medicine in the world will cure people’s sickness. People are sick because they are not following their dharma. You must help them find their dreams.” She was Ama–the hugging saint, absolutely, completely dedicated and called to…
THIS is gorgeous! THIS is beauty. THIS is worth the one minute and 30 seconds, Libre Living readers. It’s also right in line with what Buddhist teacher Pema Chodron shares. “What if it just doesn’t get any better than this? You might find that inside of the sadness, the grief, the despair, lies something else,…
Insight + Inspiration
Images to stoke your imagination.
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.
- Danielle LaPorte Whitehot Truth maven, entrepreneurial fire-starter, the jump-starter of Libre Retreats founder Lindsey Lewis’ faith in a life well-loved.
- Jonathan Fields Personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Mark Silver When you want to make a difference, but need to make a profit. Experiential training on communications, conflict management, coaching, facilitation and team building.
- Satya Colombo Self-Realization blog and community dedicated to freedom, passion , and changing the world.
- Seth Godin Seth Godin’s riffs on marketing, respect, and the ways ideas spread.