1. Breathe. Our breath is the most powerful area of the nervous system we have the most control over. One of the first and most immediate side effects of the activation of the sympathetic nervous system—in charge of our fight, fight or flee response—is the shortening of our breath. Ask nearly anybody how they’re feeling…
Tagged as: mindfulness
I haven’t named her yet. Some people call theirs Fred. I’ve heard Fang. And Lucille. I haven’t gotten to that step, but I sure know what she likes to wear: tiaras. And I sure know what she likes to throw: tantrums. My inner self-saboteur is about two years old most of the time. Sometimes she’s…
Yes. Dive into it. Explore it. What does fear feel like to you? Like a shot to the back of the head that nearly blinds you…or maybe like being held under water while you desperately scramble to come up? That’s what fear used to feel like to me. And I should know; I felt it…
RANDOM RUN-INS WITH NOT-SO-RANDOM INSIGHTS I was sick of being tired, and tired of being sick. I had scored my dream job—assistant editor at a top-earning Canadian magazine. It wasn’t all I’d dreamt it would be. Scratch that. It was all I’d dreamt it would be, it just didn’t feel like a dream. I wasn’t…
1. Breathe. We forget this. Breathing long, deep, yogi breaths can happen anytime, anywhere. Inhaling allll the way up from our belly, into our chest so our ribcage expands, even up to the roof of our mouth. Then our exhale drops down, all the back down to our bellies. This kind of breathing comes naturally…
aching for a break? how to take a vacation when you can’t take a vacation. hint: zen mind and beginner’s mind is big here
THE TRAVELLING HIGH Travelling is addicting. I think probably a lot of Joy for Life readers feel this way. I recently read that serotinin—that’s the happy brain chemical—is released when we experience something new. Even receiving new emails is apparently enough to kick it into gear. No wonder we love being on vacation! New-ness around…
Back when I first started doing mindfulness-based corporate stress buster workshops for maxed out 9 to 5ers, I thought I’d come up with something truly unique and revolutionary. It’s always nice when the universe conspires to keep your ego in check. Though what I taught was fresh and new for the people who attended, I’ve learned…
9 pm. 10 pm. 11 pm. The hours tick by like minutes. So do the days. I’m fueled by a dream—my soon-to-be-shared officially incorporated dedication to spreading practical, inspiring tools for a life well-loved. So what does this mean for my daily routine? Gone are the seamless evenings spent writing or painting. Gone are the…
Insight + Inspiration
Images to stoke your imagination.
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.
- Danielle LaPorte Whitehot Truth maven, entrepreneurial fire-starter, the jump-starter of Libre Retreats founder Lindsey Lewis’ faith in a life well-loved.
- Jonathan Fields Personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Mark Silver When you want to make a difference, but need to make a profit. Experiential training on communications, conflict management, coaching, facilitation and team building.
- Satya Colombo Self-Realization blog and community dedicated to freedom, passion , and changing the world.
- Seth Godin Seth Godin’s riffs on marketing, respect, and the ways ideas spread.