“Not me, I’m not angry.” “Not me, I’m not vulnerable.” “Not me, I’m not insecure.” How many times do we tell ourselves this? Are you answering, “Not me, never?” I spent a lot of my life telling myself, and sometimes other people, these things. Of course, that meant I was riddled with these qualities. Pop!…
Tagged as: Pema Chodron
“Always meditate on whatever provokes resentment.” Part of the Buddhist Tonglen meditation teachings is this statement. I’m no expert, I’m new to this Buddhist stuff, but from what I’m learning, it’s worth loving. This statement rose up to meet my irritated mind the other day. I was thinking of someone I know who absolutely drives…
i’m loving: sensual reading, ramped-up comfort food, loving the unlikeable, and, well, Oprah actually
Here are just a few of my favourite things right now—sharing with Libre Living readers because they might become faves of yours, too, if they’re not already. 1. The Gift: Poems by Hafiz When I read these poems I get flashbacks of devouring them like cake last summer, lying on my back beneath a startling…
THIS is gorgeous! THIS is beauty. THIS is worth the one minute and 30 seconds, Libre Living readers. It’s also right in line with what Buddhist teacher Pema Chodron shares. “What if it just doesn’t get any better than this? You might find that inside of the sadness, the grief, the despair, lies something else,…
Somebody recently asked this question on the My Yoga Online community forum: How do I deal with the people I can’t avoid who negatively affect my mood and energy? The answer I gave was something I needed a reminder of myself. Funny how that works. “This is a toughie and super common. I can share…
Insight + Inspiration
Images to stoke your imagination.
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.
- Danielle LaPorte Whitehot Truth maven, entrepreneurial fire-starter, the jump-starter of Libre Retreats founder Lindsey Lewis’ faith in a life well-loved.
- Jonathan Fields Personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Mark Silver When you want to make a difference, but need to make a profit. Experiential training on communications, conflict management, coaching, facilitation and team building.
- Satya Colombo Self-Realization blog and community dedicated to freedom, passion , and changing the world.
- Seth Godin Seth Godin’s riffs on marketing, respect, and the ways ideas spread.