Can you hear it? Your essential self—genetic legacy, tastes and talents, the core you that makes decisions from a place of love—talks to you through your body. Our essential self goes beyond the language and logic of the social self. Guess what? The verbal, logistical, analytical, numeric brain processes about 40 bits of information per…
Tagged as: the mind
RANDOM RUN-INS WITH NOT-SO-RANDOM INSIGHTS I was sick of being tired, and tired of being sick. I had scored my dream job–assistant editor at a top-earning Canadian magazine. It wasn’t all I’d dreamt it would be. Scratch that. It was all I’d dreamt it would be, it just didn’t feel like a dream. I wasn’t…
GUEST POST BY MICHAEL STONE Part 2. Suicide is an attempt to resolve feelings of being overwhelmed by one’s own image of oneself, or part of oneself. Suicide is an attack on one’s own representation of one’s body as an object. It’s as if the death of the body can help one get rid…
is suicide sinful? what yoga + buddhism have to say. guest post by Buddhist, yogi, + psychotherapist Michael Stone
GUEST POST BY MICHAEL STONE Awake in the World from Centre of Gravity on Vimeo. Yoga and Buddhist Practices work in terms of complementary opposites. If you want to settle your inhalation, for example, you spend time getting your exhalation very smooth; if you want to find extension in the hamstring muscles, you refine the…
1. Breathe. We forget this. Breathing long, deep, yogi breaths can happen anytime, anywhere. Inhaling allll the way up from our belly, into our chest so our ribcage expands, even up to the roof of our mouth. Then our exhale drops down, all the back down to our bellies. This kind of breathing comes naturally…
aching for a break? how to take a vacation when you can’t take a vacation. hint: zen mind and beginner’s mind is big here
THE TRAVELLING HIGHTravelling is addicting. I think probably a lot of Joy for Life readers feel this way. I recently read that serotinin—that’s the happy brain chemical—is released when we experience something new. Even receiving new emails is apparently enough to kick it into gear. No wonder we love being on vacation! New-ness around ever…
Back when I first started doing mindfulness-based corporate stress buster workshops for maxed out 9 to 5ers, I thought I’d come up with something truly unique and revolutionary. It’s always nice when the universe conspires to keep your ego in check. Though what I taught was fresh and new for the people who attended, I’ve learned…
Maxed Out MorningsMornings are made for making the best of. (I can already here a few of my friends groan and reply “No, they are made for taking rest–as in sleeping in”.) But I just can’t do it; sleep in, that is. I adore this peaceful time of day, when the air is fresh, the…
Insight + Inspiration
- Follow Me on Pinterest
Images to stoke your imagination.
- Libre Living on Facebook
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
- Connect with me on Facebook
New friends are always welcome.
- Follow me on Twitter
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
- Get insights to your inbox
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
- Subscribe via RSS
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
Inspiration + Music + More
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.