Suddenly the World Changed
Someone very close to me is sick.
She’s been diagnosed with a disease.
And yet, look at her. Radiant. Fit. Capable and competent.
Multi-tasking, raising kids, managing multiple clients.
Doctors say there’s nothing they know how to do for this.
Ring of Fire
The other morning I created a sacred circle in my living room. Candles all around. A circle of light.
Skies united with the earth. Igniting healing.
On my morning walk beneath the trees I looked up to see two eagles soaring overhead.
The sun rose. The winds blew the clouds away. The sky was it’s brightest blue.
Where was the grey and fog of yesterday?
Darkness and Light
This is how it happens. The mix of light and dark. A deep and abiding blue-black sky spackled with radiant stars.
There’s that esoteric Zen saying:
“Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.
After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.”
Life goes on. In darkness and light.
In both joy and pain, we gather our resources and nourish our bodies.
We lay down within a circle of fire and let out piercing cries and deep moans. Tears stream. And beneath it bubbles up a deep and abiding peace and strength.
There are two paths to freedom.
Through both pleasure and pain.
In light and in dark, we go deep to go on.
Sacred space is vital. Inside it we return to the truth of who we are. Radiant.
If you haven’t already, create a sacred space. Candles, pillows, symbols that are reminders of the cosmic picture and the truth of it all. Spend some time there. Consciously inviting in the light–and embracing the dark. Be with what is, and give love.
image credit: bamboo forest courtesy FlickrCC the pug father
Songs full of inspiration. Check ‘em out. Shake your soul feathers.
by Katy Perry
“You’re gonna hear me roar.”
I See Love
“I see love when I close my eyes.”
“You don’t have to know exactly who you are, because figuring it all out could be the best part.”
Walk Off the Earth
Gang of Rhythm
“There’s no worries on the earth tonight.”
Father to Son
“You can do anything”
The Way We Look at Things Perspective is everything. What’s yours? Think of something that’s causing you stress. Something that happens regularly. Bad drivers. A co-worker. A family member. What do you think of them in that situation? Be totally honest. It’s ok. Me and the Chair I’m asking because I was annoyed at a…
There’s a force within you. Do you feel it? Your soul is calling. It’s already ignited. The flame is lit. The embers glow. So do you. If you’re feeling stressed–anxious, jittery, tense, tired, exhausted, or irritable–the force of your dharma is pressing. Imagine trying to contain the sun. Instead: setting loose the force of nature…
Insight + Inspiration
Images to stoke your imagination.
The Libre Facebook community is alight. Join in!
Tweets to fan your flames @lindsey_lewis.
Insights and inspiration to ignite your life. About once a week.
We wanna be where you are. Add us to your feed reader.
#1 Top Posts
- Easy and Instinctive Time Management Attention high achievers. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck? How to tap your instincts and get back in the flow.
- Power: 5 Practical Ways to Tap into Your Intuition Woo woo? Or scientifically proven asset? Read on and decide for yourself.
- The Giving Tree: 20 Days of Giving #20daysofgiving Challenge. It got ‘liked’ up, Tweeted up, and all loved up. xo, L
- Why Living our Dreams is Less Work, More Play Walking down this path does not feel like work. Walking down this path feels more like play. Don’t believe me? Read and decide for yourself.
- Danielle LaPorte Whitehot Truth maven, entrepreneurial fire-starter, the jump-starter of Libre Retreats founder Lindsey Lewis’ faith in a life well-loved.
- Jonathan Fields Personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Mark Silver When you want to make a difference, but need to make a profit. Experiential training on communications, conflict management, coaching, facilitation and team building.
- Satya Colombo Self-Realization blog and community dedicated to freedom, passion , and changing the world.
- Seth Godin Seth Godin’s riffs on marketing, respect, and the ways ideas spread.